Minister of Religion
KINGDOM POWER MINISTRIES INTERNATIONAL (KPMI) – MANCHESTER, UK
£18,000 a year
|5th of December, 2016
Minister of Religion (Administration Manager) Role
Kingdom Power Ministries International (KPMI)is a growing church with a wide impact and influence on the society; which provides religious services to its members and the wider public.
As a result of the growth and diverse religious activities we engage in, it has become necessary for the church to employ a person (Minister of Religion), who would diligently take care of the affairs of the church ranging from administration, operations to accounts, and also assist in the pastoral work of preaching and caring for the members.
This role requires a committed Christian believer with a personal and active relationship with Jesus Christ (including a commitment to personal prayer, bible study and worship) and a lifestyle that reflects this as a role model of best Christian practice.
Pastoral duties include:
· Leading worship services regularly and on special occasions
· officiating at weddings, naming ceremonies and other special services
· offering counselling, visitations and welfare support to members of the church
· training and co-ordinating work of local volunteers
· Evangelistic, Ethical and Discipleship Training (providing for training so that followers of Jesus will also make disciples)
· Enable Congregational Care (training and encouraging members to care for each other as an example of their love for Christ)
· Provide for office administration such as central record keeping of minutes, membership records, etc. for all boards, committees and church meetings.
· Participate in, and cooperate with clusters or associations, regional and national programs, events and activities while representing the church.
· Cooperate with other local churches in appropriate ecumenical efforts and witness. Be involved in other community activities and programs as appropriate and in keeping with the congregation’s vision and mission.
Personal Growth And Recreation
· Appropriate time for personal reading, research, and meditation.
· Plan for the completion of two Continuing Education Units or equivalence annually.
· Take one month vacation each year.
· Attend denominational and interdenominational conferences, conventions regularly and encourage other members of the congregation to do likewise.
Requirement: Skill and qualifications
· The successful candidate must be a committed and Holy Spirit filled Christian with a personal and active relationship with Jesus Christ which includes prayer, bible study, worship and a lifestyle that reflects the best Christian practice.
· Good people management skills. An ability to be articulate and to deal graciously with challenging situations and the resolution of conflict.
· An effective, collaborative, team leader, who is able to mobilise, and bring the best out of the team they work with
· A good understanding of organisations procedures, the principles of administration and time management as well as being competent in the use of appropriate computer software.
· A good working knowledge of IT and its applications for the level of organisation appropriate for a church.
· A good knowledge of accounts preparations especially for charity with at least two years’ experience in a professional finance, human resources or operations role.
A readiness to be part of the worshipping community of KPMI, Manchester.
Bachelor’s Degree level qualifications.
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
KPMI welcomes applicants regardless of race or colour, nationality or ethnic origin, sex or marital status, disability or age.
Benefits: Salary: As a growing charity organisation, we are willing to pay a salary in the region of £18,000 per annum, which will increase with time. This role attracts 25 days’ annual leave per annum; plus all public holidays.